The profession of raising drained snakes (also known as tigers, buffalo tigers, tigers…) is very attractive to many people who raise this type of snake. However, to meet the needs of breeders for farmers, commercial snakes for restaurants and export markets, the supply is still limited. Grasping the above situation, from the beginning of 2010, in Sa To hamlet, Khanh Binh commune, An Phu district (An Giang), a buffalo snake farm was built to meet that demand.
With his acumen in capturing information about the consumer market along with his passion for buffalo snakes, Mr. Nguyen Hoang Quoc Viet boldly invested hundreds of millions of dong to build a real buffalo snake farm. repertoires. Mr. Viet said that although his snake farm has only been established for more than a year, hundreds of relatives from the Mekong Delta provinces, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi have come to visit, buy seeds and restaurants. order snake commercial quite large.
His snake farm is located on a river close to the border, on the other side is Co Thum district, Kandal province – Cambodia. Thanks to the spacious garden, raising livestock is very convenient for him. The work went quite smoothly thanks to him having a period of time raising snakes and elephants. According to Mr. Viet, it is easier to control the number of parent snakes and the hatching and growth rate of the snakes. As for the snake, it is difficult to know the loss rate because it has to be raised in the aquatic environment. Besides, the elephant ripper is very aggressive and picky about prey. Therefore, since the beginning of 2010, Mr. Viet has completely switched to raising snakes and buffaloes.
Initially, he went to collect snakes raised by relatives in the locality, but it was not effective, and there were more than a dozen pairs of parents. To prepare for a long-term plan, right from the moment he was about to set up a farm, Mr. Viet actively sought out the An Giang Forest Protection Department to apply for a registration certificate “Farm for breeding – rearing wildlife” and was approved shortly thereafter. This is probably an encouragement to those who are interested in wildlife farming like you. Besides, it has created easy conditions for farmers to trade and transport wild animals, while having close supervision from the authorities.
Immediately after being granted the certificate, Mr. Viet constantly tinkered with books and manuals on breeding techniques and building proper barns. Currently, many restaurants and eateries have come to his farm to buy snakes at a rather high price, from 600,000 VND to 700,000 VND/kg but not enough to sell. Therefore, a few farmers in two districts of An Phu and Tan Chau (An Giang) have raised buffaloes for reproduction and initially brought encouraging economic results.
According to Mr. Viet’s experience, buffalo snakes are easy to raise, grow quickly, have few diseases, and the output is stable. If properly cared for according to the instructions, after only 6 months, the snake will become an adult and about 1 year old, the snake will pair up (marry) and start laying, each litter about 10 eggs, at most 20 eggs. After the snake lays down, the farmer puts all the eggs in a separate crate or bowl filled with sand or a dry rag to incubate, with the face covered to keep warm. After two months, the eggs will hatch at a rate of 85-95%. Through Mr. Viet’s follow-up, the buffalo snakes give birth twice a year, usually mating in December and spawning a lot in February, March or the middle of the year.
Snake cages come in many forms, cement cages or mesh cages. Mr. Viet’s snake farm is divided into 6 separate zones, all of which are built of solid bricks and the surrounding walls are covered with nets to create a well-ventilated environment for snakes to live. In addition, to keep the barn clean and convenient to classify snakes, Mr. Viet has a separate area for laying snakes, litters, baby snakes and commercial snakes… Especially, each cage is lined with bamboo or plastic trays. net so that it is cool, clean and quiet for snakes to rest. The main food of snakes is animals such as frogs, frogs, mice or waste products from cattle and poultry (especially chicken heads).
According to many people’s experience, male and female snakes should be kept in the same cage. But after a while, it is necessary to separate according to separate large and small sizes to avoid eating and causing mutual injury. Especially during the mating period, male snakes are very aggressive when looking for a mate. Therefore, each cage should be arranged in the ratio of 1 male/2 female. Newly hatched baby snakes must be kept separately. Currently, the price of snakes is from 200,000 to 400,000 VND/head, depending on age. Calculating, raising buffalo snakes is more profitable than raising snakes and other wild animals, especially raising snakes for reproduction, the profit will be much higher.
Just over a year of development, Mr. Viet’s farm has built over 200 parent snakes, 300 litters and many newly hatched baby snakes. That is not counting the number of commercial snakes and snakes that have been sold over 600. He said that at present, seed is scarce, his only farm in An Giang is not enough to supply households and restaurants. This is a wild animal, so raising and taming buffaloes, in addition to profit, also contributes to the conservation of rare animal genetic resources. Although licensed, his dream is to need more support from the government and functional agencies on the legal corridor so that he can rest assured to expand the barn.
I. Farming techniques
1. Farming bell
– Snake cages come in many forms, cement cages or net cages.
– Area of cage: 2m x 1m x 1.2m (Length X Width X Height).
– The barn door is made horizontally on the side for easy cleaning.
– Inside the cage, there is a bamboo grid for snakes to lie on, the top of the cage is covered with a small iron mesh to create a cool, clean and quiet place for the snakes to rest.
– The bottom of the barn is coated with a thin layer of cement, then covered with a layer of soil about 2cm
Snake cages can be placed at the top of the house where there is a roof or take advantage of the empty spaces to raise, the place where the cage is placed must be airy, clean, and prevent cold wind from blowing in. Each cage can hold 50 snakes.
– According to many years of experience in snake farming, snakes are easy to get along with if they are familiar with the owners. Especially when feeding snakes, you must wear enough protective equipment such as glasses, gloves, rubber boots and especially do not drink alcohol before entering the snake’s cage to avoid strange vapors causing the snake’s reaction.
– In the past, feeding snakes was to put bait in the cage for a while, it was not possible to check the diets of each individual, so it was easy to have an excess of food, which was costly and wasteful. This makes snakes lose their appetite and cause pollution, affecting the quality and quantity of snakes, and unevenly mature snakes.
In the process of raising snakes, it is necessary to regularly classify snakes, promptly detect and isolate diseased snakes to treat and prevent diseases for snakes, and avoid losses in the breeding process.
Snakes are newly tamed wild animals, with high resistance to diseases, and the ability to adapt to feeding conditions. They are very careful, their main food is toads, frogs … and they eat very clean, their prey must be alive. Moreover, snakes only eat about 2-3 times in 1 week.
– The food of young snakes is mainly frogs, small frogs, fish, shrimps… Every 3-5 days, feed the snakes once, the amount of food increases gradually with age.
– The adult snake’s food is mainly mice, toads, frogs, frogs… Snakes catch prey by biting, biting, and bending their teeth inward thanks to the enlarged jawbone structure, so they can swallow large prey.
– Food for snakes must not be put in as rampantly as before, but must be stored in a bin so that when hungry snakes can eat, leftovers will not be spilled out to contaminate the snake’s cage.
– Drinking water: it is best to provide enough clean and cool water for snakes to drink and bathe freely. In the cage, it is necessary to place a container with water for snakes to bathe and drink, and the water must be changed daily. Should put the light bulb in the snake’s cage, so that the snake can adapt to the light and create a warm temperature for the snake (if in winter).
II. Reproductive engineering
The selection of snake breed as parents is very important and greatly affects the quality of the snake later.
1. Select and care for breeding snakes
– Choosing male and female snakes for breeding must be based on appearance, snakes from birth to adulthood have never been infected. During the rearing process, the snake grows quickly, the skin is smooth, and the body is long and balanced.
– Male and female snakes must be of different lineage to avoid sepsis when crossbreeding.
The process of growth and development of snakes must go through skinning times. For the Long Thua snake, the time it takes for the snake to shed its skin is about 15-20 days and continues to molt throughout the process of a large snake, a female snake from hatching to spawning is from 9-10 months old. After molting, if provided with adequate food, good nurturing care, the growth rate of snakes can increase 2-3 times faster.
In addition to the selection of seed snakes, the issue of ensuring a high hatching rate of snake eggs should also be considered. To ensure a high hatching rate, we can breed 2 male snakes with 10 female snakes.
– The time of snake laying after mating is about 30 to 35 days. A female can lay 12-21 eggs.
2. Egg incubation technique
– The current farmer’s snake egg incubator is very simple (a jar), take the soil with a moisture content of 25-30 degrees and put it in ½ lu, then handle it tightly, then add a thin layer of sand. Then put the snake eggs in, use a matchbox or cloth to cover the mouth, about 75 days later the snake hatches on its own.
In breeding conditions, when incubating eggs, it is necessary to check the eggs a few times, if the eggs are large, white and dry, they are good eggs, if the eggs are dull and yellow, they must be discarded immediately.
3. Techniques for raising baby snakes
– Newly hatched snakes are released into the cage to drink water about 7 days after the snake sheds its skin, when the snakes shed their skin, drop small frogs in for the snake to eat, an average of 50 1-month-old baby snakes per day eat about 0.5kg of baby frogs.
– Baby snakes for raising are currently priced from 200,000 to 400,000 VND / 1 child. Eight-month-old snakes weighing 1.2kg or more will lay many eggs.
III. Care management, disease prevention
– The management and hygiene of the barn is also a decisive factor to the results of farming. If not managed well, it can easily lead to damage. Normally, the manure must be cleaned in the barn, the daily amount of manure discharged is not much, the feces are usually dry, with little odor.
Snakes are wild animals, rarely get sick. However, integrated disease prevention for snakes is the best measure: good nurturing care, clean eating, guaranteed food ingredients and nutritional value, stables are always clean, not muddy, not too hot, too cold, no strange smell, avoid flies and other insects harmful to snakes.
Long Thua snakes are less sick than other snakes, but in the process of raising snakes sometimes they also get diarrhea.
→ When a snake has diarrhea, the way to recognize it is as follows:
Daily cleaning of cages for snakes, when observing that the number of snakes’ meals decreases, there is a show of foul, mushy stools, which is diarrhea.
→ To treat this disease, we apply the following measures:
Feed the snake less and give anti-diarrheal digestive enzymes. Every day, sweep the bottom of the cage, wash the water trough, remove the leftovers. At the same time, the regimen and quantity of food must be ensured according to the snake’s needs in each period (based on the weight of the snake).
IV. Price information
– In the past, many people went to catch wild snakes to sell, not only violating the Law on Wildlife Conservation, but the economic efficiency was also low, due to snake panic, reduced health, injury when being chased, slow growing snake, high loss. But through this model of breeding snakes, people no longer catch baby snakes in the wild and bring them back to raise, but the former breeders propagate, transfer techniques and sell the seeds to the latter. Snake farming has caused many households to switch to catching rats to sell, significantly reducing the “rat attack” that destroys local crops, and at the same time, this is a measure to help people have an additional source of income during their leisure time. .
– If in the past for most people, snakes were a fear, now through raising snakes, they are like friends in every family. With snakes in cages, daily contact with snakes makes the snakes friendly to humans. It can be said that snakes are very important to people, because in addition to their value as medicine to treat diseases and improve health, snakes also have economic values that bring high income and create jobs for people. citizen.
– Currently, the snake market is very rich and diverse. Commercial snakes are being supplied to many restaurants and hotels in the country and partly for export.
The average weight of snakes raised in a year is about 1.3kg / 1 head, with the market price of 450,000 VND / kg, minus the initial cost, with 100 commercial snakes, the profit brings about 40-50 million VND. 01 year.
* For the sale of seed: baby snakes (about 1 week old) are released from the cage in the form of snakes with the price of 200,000 – 400,000 VND / 01 head. Thus, if you raise 100 female snakes, after one litter, you can bring back about 164 million to 259 million (not including the initial cost).
Video on farming techniques
Bài viết trên đây, Abcland.Vn đã cập nhật cho bạn thông tin về “Kỹ thuật nuôi rắn Ráo Trâu❤️️”. Hy vọng qua bài viết “Kỹ thuật nuôi rắn Ráo Trâu” sẽ giúp các bạn đọc có thêm nhiều thông tin về “Kỹ thuật nuôi rắn Ráo Trâu [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Bài viết “Kỹ thuật nuôi rắn Ráo Trâu” được đăng bởi vào ngày 2022-06-03 01:36:44. Cảm ơn bạn đã đọc bài tại ABC Land – Kênh thông tin BDS uy tín nhất Việt Nam