How to Move Your Site from Joomla to WordPress
While Joomla is a very complex and popular content management system designed to power almost any type of blog or website, it is definitely not for everyone. If you are among those who have decided to switch from Joomla to a WordPress website or a WordPress blog, the latter powering almost a quarter of the world’s websites, the process is quite simple thanks to the availability of plugins. can help you. Before you get started, you will need to choose a hosting company and install WordPress. For best results, look for a hosting company that offers simple one-click installation for WordPress, making installation as simple as using a website builder.
1 – Install FG Joomla Plugin into WordPress
While there are several plugins available for WordPress that greatly simplify the migration process from Joomla, we will be using the popular FG Joomla to WordPress plugin for the purposes of this tutorial.
- Navigate to “Tools > Plugins” in your WordPress admin dashboard and enter the plugin mentioned above in the search field.
- Click “Install Now”, click “OK” to confirm, and click “Activate plugin” once the download and installation is complete.
2 – Import your content from Joomla
Now that you have the plugin installed, a new option will appear in the import settings in your admin dashboard. By using this plugin you will be able to import categories, posts, images and attachments from the Joomla database into your WordPress database.
- Navigate to “Tools > Import” and click on the Joomla FG option from the list of import options. The Joomla import page will open.
- Go to the admin section of your Joomla site and note down the database settings or keep the page open with your WordPress admin dashboard for reference.
- Enter the database parameters, including hostname, port, database, username, password, and table prefix back into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Check the box next to “Force import of media” if you also want to transfer images from your Joomla site.
- Click “Import content from Joomla to WordPress” to continue. This process may take some time, depending on the amount of content on your Joomla site.
- Click “Modify Internal Links” once the migration is complete. You should only skip this step if there aren’t any internal links in your Joomla site that point to other pages on the site.
There is also a premium version of FG Joomla for those who need to import additional content, such as content from outdated versions of the CMS, contacts, and e-commerce content. Virtuemart.
Last, English 6 sent you details about the topic “How to Move Your Site from Joomla to WordPress❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Move Your Site from Joomla to WordPress” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Move Your Site from Joomla to WordPress [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Move Your Site from Joomla to WordPress” posted by on 2015-06-25 14:48:17. Thank you for reading the article at English6.net