Google’s blog publishing service, Blogger, is a popular content management system for casual bloggers, but it doesn’t offer nearly as many features and levels of flexibility as a self-made WordPress website. storage. Powering nearly a quarter of all websites, self-hosted WordPress blogs come with a huge database of themes and plugins as well as the ability to make more advanced changes to your website. with activity inside your website. If you’ve decided that it’s time to switch from Blogger to WordPress, you’ll need to register a domain and install WordPress first. You can then use the one-click import option in the WordPress platform to transfer all your readers’ posts and comments easily. In this guide, we’ll look at how to use this feature and get your content delivered in minutes.
1 – Export your content to WordPress
The first step involves copying all of your content, including images and links, from your Blogger site to your new self-hosted WordPress site.
- Navigate to “Tools > Import” in the admin dashboard of your self-hosted WordPress blog.
- Click “Blogger” in the list of options and click “Install Now” in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up window.
- Click “Activate plugin and run Importer” once the plugin has been downloaded and installed.
- Click “Authorize” to give WordPress permission to access your Blogger site. You will be transferred to your Google account.
- Click “Allow Access” and you will be taken to a new page where you can access and manage your Blogger posts, comments, links and images.
- Click “Set Author” once the content has been imported from Blogger and specify your author name for the imported posts.
2 – Set up your Permalinks
To help maintain any search engine optimization work you’ve done on your Blogger site, it’s a good idea to change your permalink setup so that the permalink matches the old site. yours as much as possible.
- Navigate to “Settings > Permalinks” in your WordPress site to see a list of options for your permalinks structure.
- Select “Month and name” from the list of options, as this best matches the structure used on the Blogger website.
3 – Set up redirects
One of the most important steps is to set up redirects so that visitors to your Blogger site are automatically redirected to your WordPress blog. The easiest way to set up 301 redirects is to use a plugin such as “SEO Blogger to WordPress“.
- Navigate to the “Plugins > Add New” page in your WordPress admin dashboard and search for the plugin mentioned above.
- Click “Install Now”, confirm the installation, and click “Activate plugin” once the process is complete.
- Navigate to “Tools > SEO Blogger to WordPress” and click “Create” to create a template to copy onto your Blogger site.
- Navigate to “Design > Layout > Edit HTML” in your Blogger dashboard and switch to Classic Templates.
- Copy and paste the generated code provided by the plugin into the text area of your Blogger dashboard and click “Save”.
Last, English 6 sent you details about the topic “How to Move Your Blog from Blogger to WordPress❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Move Your Blog from Blogger to WordPress” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Move Your Blog from Blogger to WordPress [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Move Your Blog from Blogger to WordPress” posted by on 2015-02-28 00:13:05. Thank you for reading the article at English6.net