A self-hosted blog with WordPress.org gives you the flexibility to do whatever you want in terms of design and functionality through a variety of plugins. However, taking advantage of plugins and other features often requires installation and maintenance of many individual plugins. The purpose of the popular Jetpack plugin for WordPress is to merge all these features into a single, user-friendly plugin that can be installed and maintained as easily as any other individual plugin.
The Jetpack plugin provides a quick and convenient way to speed up your self-hosted WordPress blog by adding a host of invaluable features. Some of the most important features of the plug-in include sidebar image widget, auto-posting to social networks, email subscriptions, recent Tweets, statistics and analysis, social comments, etc.
Installing Jetpack is like installing any other plugin. You need a self-hosted WordPress site running version 3.8 or later, and you will need a free account at WordPress.com (different from your blog account), as the plugin uses resources from the WordPress.com cloud. .
To get started, we’ll take a look at the Jetpack installation process, with the following sections showing you how to set up the aforementioned features.
How to install Jetpack
As is the case with any plugin for WordPress, you can install Jetpack from within the WordPress plugins directory, accessible through your admin dashboard, or manually by loading the plugins. unzipped file to your FTP server. However, the old method is the easiest by far, as explained below:
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard and click “Plugins” from the menu on the left.
- Click “Add New” and type “Jetpack” in the search box. The first result should be “Jetpack by WordPress.com”.
- Click “Install Now” below the plugin title and click “OK” to confirm. Wait a moment for the plugin to download, unzip and install.
- Click the “Activate Plugin” link. The plug-in will be activated and you will be returned to the Plug-ins page.
Jetpack requires you to connect it to your WordPress.com account to take advantage of its built-in cloud features. The WordPress.com account is separate and different from the one you created for your blog. If you don’t have a WordPress.com account, you can create one here. Once that’s done, you’re ready to start the connection process for JetPack:
- Back on the Plugins page, click “Connect to WordPress.com” in the green bar near the top of the page.
- Enter your WordPress.com username and password on the next page and click “Authorize Jetpack”. Now Jetpack is ready to use.
Congratulations! Jetpack is now ready to configure and use. However, you should also make sure to keep Jetpack up to date as new versions are released regularly. When an update is available for the plugin, the number of available updates will be displayed on the “Plugin” button in the admin dashboard. To update Jetpack in the future, complete the following steps:
- Open the Plugins page in the admin dashboard and scroll down to find the “Jetpack by WordPress.com” plugin.
- If there are any updates, a warning will appear below the plugin. Click the “update now” link to automatically download and install the latest version.
Last, English 6 sent you details about the topic “How to Install Jetpack – English 6❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Install Jetpack – English 6” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Install Jetpack – English 6 [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Install Jetpack – English 6” posted by on 2014-10-02 12:54:12. Thank you for reading the article at English6.net